Celtic Knights
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Celtic Knights

A Najena MMORPG from Everquest 2

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Scaling back playing time for a bit...

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Ghidorrah

Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2007-11-16

Scaling back playing time for a bit... Empty
PostSubject: Scaling back playing time for a bit...   Scaling back playing time for a bit... Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2008 8:59 am

Hey all,

I'm getting into a period where work is going to be hectic and I'm going to be working longer hours (and conference calling at weird hours). So I'll be playing less the next couple of months.

There are other reasons besides work that are causing me to re-prioritize my time as well. None of them have anything to do with anyone in the guild, or with the game at all.

On top of that, I'm not happy with how I'm doing on the parse. I don't think I'm being terribly effective. Unfortunately that's mainly for lack of a complete AD3/M1 setup, as well as being 1.5 levels from cap (and more than a few AA points short).

The only solution to that is for me to harvest for rares and cash, and quest for AAs and more cash. Me playing less is not going to help with that much.

So... when I'm able to log in and play, those are the things I'm liable to be working on the most. I will probably cut down to 1 raid/weekend (I've kinda already done this).

Once I cap out and get most of my CAs upgraded, I can get back to raiding and instances. I have been reading class information and builds on eq2flames and other places, so I know what to work on for the most part.

~Phutmeyer
Back to top Go down
Raymond

Number of posts : 100
Registration date : 2007-11-06

PostSubject: Re: Scaling back playing time for a bit...   Scaling back playing time for a bit... Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2008 1:55 pm

Good luck bro. I had to do the same thing a while back when I was traveling for work... And I know how those Conf calls with India can go...

Biggest thing is not to get down on yourself. Jeeze I reeked bit time when I first stated raiding. But reading between the lines on forums / asking other players, really does help out.

Funny story... I get a really nice buff on my Conjy from AA's. Now she's had this line completed since the end of Feb'07. It makes your pet 15% faster and 15% less resisitable. Or something like that....

Since I've pretty much always boxed her, and buffing a conjy is so time consuming, I've always had it macro'ed. And when I'm boxing, her pet can draw aggro and die, so I have macros to just recast / buff the mage pet.

For those of you that don't know, COnjy has to be about the worst buffing class out there. It takes a full 30 to 40s to buff, and thats just self buffing...

Well, since I've had these macro's forever, they are lined up on a hot bar. Well... I would cast my Group Power Buff (1), Group Resist Buff (2), Defensive Shielding Buff (3), Pet Resist / Speed Buff (4), Mage Pet (5), etc.

We wouldn't you know... wasn't until I found a gem of a post on Flames, some off topic / burried post: You MUST cast your Pet Resist / Speed Buff AFTER you pet is up.. And recast it every time you summon your pet... Here, since it was a maintained spell that never dropped I assumed it was always on the pet... Well I was totally wrong...

There are little things like that you can pick up from time to time. Believe it or not, this MINOR buff order change has made a difference on the parse.

Don't get down on yourself because of the parse. After your break, work with Brigman and exchange ideas and stuff.
Back to top Go down
Nizenka

Nizenka

Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2007-12-26

PostSubject: Re: Scaling back playing time for a bit...   Scaling back playing time for a bit... Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2008 6:24 am

Time off can refresh the fun of the game as well as bring new insight.

Like Ray said, you find out things you didn't know that are gems.

And really, don't get down about the parse. I don't make it half the time and am no where NEAR what Hopsalot manages to do. I'll figure it out one day but I'm not going to worry about it at all. LoL

Ask questions, they're not stupid. It will lead to insight on things from other people's playing style that you might find something else from theirs.

And I refuse to call myself a dps class nor a crowd control class as a Illusionist. I do what I can and the best I can. If someone offers suggestions, I'll check it out and see how it helps.

But, take a breather and relax. I've been having a bit of one myself. Smile
Back to top Go down
Ghidorrah

Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2007-11-16

PostSubject: Re: Scaling back playing time for a bit...   Scaling back playing time for a bit... Icon_minitimeWed May 21, 2008 1:11 pm

Update: as those on line last night know, my gaming rig is not cooperating with me. The Vent problems are only part of it.

I'm not going to be able to fix it for a few months. Basically I need a new motherboard, which means I also have to upgrade processor and memory, since the current stuff is several years old.

The past two weeks I've spent over half of my (now limited) available gaming time fighting with this thing, and my frustration level last night was probably apparent.

In all likelihood, I'm going to be gone for a while. I'm not quitting the guild and I'm not leaving for Age of Conan.

Some things improve for me financially around September, and if I'm not able to find a way to get this stupid computer fixed, I'll be back at that point.

Sorry I won't be around to help for a while, but trust me, you really don't want to group with me in the mood I was in last night Smile
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Scaling back playing time for a bit...   Scaling back playing time for a bit... Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Scaling back playing time for a bit...
Page 1 of 1