Celtic Knights
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Celtic Knights

A Najena MMORPG from Everquest 2

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Time off (sort of)

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Nizenka

Nizenka

Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2007-12-26

Time off (sort of) Empty
PostSubject: Time off (sort of)   Time off (sort of) Icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2008 5:57 am

As some have noticed, I haven't been playing very much since our raid on Saturday.

Just after the raid, I recieved a call from my mom that she had taken my dad on to the hospital. We didn't know at the time if it was just nothing with how he was feeling or not, but we don't take chances given he's had 2 previous heart attacks.

They confirmed yesterday that he did have another one. How much damage there was I won't know til later today. But, I'm on the go at the moment and could be for the rest of the week, maybe longer.

I know everyone will be understanding and supportive. Smile I will do my best to keep check on mail in case someone needs spells. But, I most likely will not do any raids or groups for the next while in case I need to suddenly log off without warning. During times like these, I just hit the power button and I'm off running.

Given both Redar and mine's state of energy, he's not been feeling like playing nor I. I have wanted to a couple of times, but I start nodding off during what ever I'm doing. Sleep

Just wanted to let everyone know, so they wouldn't think I've abandoned the game or don't love the guild. Laughing
Back to top Go down
Justalon

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2007-12-10

Time off (sort of) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time off (sort of)   Time off (sort of) Icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2008 12:36 pm

Sorry to hear about your father. I will keep you guys in my thoughts and prayers.

- Kryack
Back to top Go down
Nizenka

Nizenka

Time off (sort of) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time off (sort of)   Time off (sort of) Icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2008 6:26 pm

Funnily enough, as I went back to bed for a nap to wait for the news of a test of today, at 7:30am I got a phone call from my mom saying to come get them.

So, now he is home... he's much happier. He's got his chair and his bed. And he's still his same old prankster self. He's doing great considering. Smile

I'll still be taking time to get rested and such and enjoy not being inside a vehicle.
Back to top Go down
Buttere

Buttere

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2007-11-10

Time off (sort of) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time off (sort of)   Time off (sort of) Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2008 6:11 am

Wow, what a rollercoaster ride. My father has been in and out of the hospital for the last 26 years. He's a tough old bird. I hope your father is okay and proves to be just as stuborn as mine is.
Back to top Go down
Nizenka

Nizenka

Time off (sort of) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time off (sort of)   Time off (sort of) Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2008 6:18 am

I understand the in and out of the hospital for the last 26 years for you. Though it's only been about 20 for myself, I can relate to it.

He's stubborn as well as a smarta##. When I got to the hospital he pulled a comment that was just him all over. The nurse asked who was visiting him, which was myself, my mom and Redar, and he said "That's my spouse, my daughter, and I don't know who the h*ll that is."

So, yeah, he's seeming very on the normal side of himself. I barely see that he did actually have a heart attack since he's looking good and acting like himself.

Myself, I have been sleeping alot. After traveling since the Wednesday before the weekend, it's caused alot of exhaustion. I slept Tuesday night after bringing my dad back home. I woke up long enough to see about putting the kid off to school and went back to sleep. She didn't feel good so she stayed home.

I slept most of the morning yesterday. I did get up for a while and play for a bit and moved about a bit. But, I got sleepy and went for a nap which I stayed asleep from about 3pm til between 8 and 9. Sadly, I managed to go back to bed around 11pm. til 6:30 to get the kid off to school.

Other the hand, I am starting to come out of being so tired and hopefully will be awake alot more. teehee
Back to top Go down
Buttere

Buttere

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2007-11-10

Time off (sort of) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time off (sort of)   Time off (sort of) Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2008 4:24 pm

ROFL

Yep, my Dad something simular. After one of his surgeries he woke up when it was just me and my husband in the room. (now ex-husband, just to keep the record straight) He looked at me, then looked at him... and then flipped him off and grinned as he fell back asleep.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Time off (sort of) Empty
PostSubject: Re: Time off (sort of)   Time off (sort of) Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Time off (sort of)
Page 1 of 1