Celtic Knights
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Celtic Knights

A Najena MMORPG from Everquest 2

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Guardian Question: Block AA

Go down 
3 posters
AuthorMessage
Justalon

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2007-12-10

Guardian Question: Block AA Empty
PostSubject: Guardian Question: Block AA   Guardian Question: Block AA Icon_minitimeWed Jul 02, 2008 10:38 am

Drty and other guards, how do you use the Guardian AA BLOCK ability effectively? I have had it for a while, but I always forget about the ability. I am tempted to macro it into something else, but I am not even sure how it works. Does it block 1 melee attack only, or does it block all melee attacks for 15 seconds (that would seem to me like the agi line ability to auto parry attacks - of course that also does AOE avoidence too). I was assuming it is 1 attack, but the buff seems to stay up even if I block an attack.

I want to ditch the AGI line for INT to try it out, but the reflexes ability has saved my butt a lot (my templar is lazy!). I am hoping if I use block correctly, it can help make up for the loss of reflexes. I would like to get an AA mirror at some point so I can have both an AGI build and an INT build loaded, but that will take me a little while i think.

Oh, my current build is STA 4 4 8 6 1, STR 4 4 8 5, and AGI 4 4 8 6 1 - so I plan on fixing this anyway, so now is the time to try the INT line I think.

Thanks for any info,
- Kryack (aka Justy)

Guardian Question: Block AA 650676102
Back to top Go down
Carpy

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2008-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Guardian Question: Block AA   Guardian Question: Block AA Icon_minitimeWed Jul 02, 2008 11:10 am

I would recommend going the following:

STR448 - crit obviously

STA4488 - with a good buckler this will give you the same avoidance as the agi line and you 60% double attack, you don't need the end ability.

AGI41 - The extra AOE is always nice.

INT44681 - Gives you the acceraltion, lots of parry, and the reuse speed.

The wis line is not useful to you, and the AGI isn't useful anymore due to lack of group encounter epics. You might investigate the end ability of the AGI line in VP only, otherwise depend on your support classes. Make sure to use ToS on your pulls too, the mob is effectively ignoring your avoidance (other than uncontested block, repos, etc.) until its debuffed due to the +hit% it has at the start of the fight. Hope this helps. This is my opinion i do not play a guardian but i have read alot on guardians cause i like to know what classes can do what. This isnt in direct to your question but i think it may help.

Also if u need a mirror send Frasier a tell he can make them. He is my lvl 80 woodworker.
Back to top Go down
Justalon

PostSubject: Re: Guardian Question: Block AA   Guardian Question: Block AA Icon_minitimeWed Jul 02, 2008 11:24 am

Thanks for the added info. Yeah, I have been reading too many posts which is why I want to try that INT line over the AGI line Smile Mostly single target in ROK.

If i get the MAT for the mirror I'll send a tell. Thanks Smile

Guardian Question: Block AA 650676102
Back to top Go down
Carpy

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2008-03-28

PostSubject: Re: Guardian Question: Block AA   Guardian Question: Block AA Icon_minitimeWed Jul 02, 2008 11:32 am

No Problem the mats for the mirror are like 12gp and if they are more then 30gp jus send a tell anyway i think i have a few sets of mats laying around the bank Wink
Back to top Go down
waral
Admin
waral

Number of posts : 91
Registration date : 2007-11-27

PostSubject: Re: Guardian Question: Block AA   Guardian Question: Block AA Icon_minitimeSat Jul 05, 2008 12:53 pm

Sorry i missed the post. I can tell you my speck wih drty has worked pretty well but its more of a raid speck then solo but anyways if you send me a tell when im on with drty i can let you know what i did. (did work well for soloing Rok)
Back to top Go down
Justalon

PostSubject: Re: Guardian Question: Block AA   Guardian Question: Block AA Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2008 11:01 am

I changed over to the INT line and I like it a lot. So far I don't miss the auto parry ability of AGI nor the AE damage so far, but i haven't tried any epic mobs since I changed over. The boost in DPS seems nice, mobs tend to die faster and I don't take anymore damage than I did before. I do like the end STA ability though, without it, I tend to run out of power on big fights (i don't have any regen buffs in my normal group). In a raid, I don't see it being very useful though.
Back to top Go down
Justalon

PostSubject: Re: Guardian Question: Block AA   Guardian Question: Block AA Icon_minitimeTue Jul 29, 2008 11:02 am

Oh yeah, I sort of figured out how to use block now heh.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Guardian Question: Block AA   Guardian Question: Block AA Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Guardian Question: Block AA
Page 1 of 1