Celtic Knights
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Celtic Knights

A Najena MMORPG from Everquest 2

HomeSearchLatest imagesRegisterLog in

Age of Conan

Go down 
+3
Ghidorrah
Buttere
defjam
7 posters
AuthorMessage
defjam

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2008-03-06

Age of Conan Empty
PostSubject: Age of Conan   Age of Conan Icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2008 3:21 pm

anyone even entertaining a thought of getting/playing Age of Conan when it's released on May 20th?

i will be - i already pre-ordered...

Twisted Evil
Back to top Go down
Buttere

Buttere

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2007-11-10

Age of Conan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Age of Conan   Age of Conan Icon_minitimeTue May 06, 2008 4:20 pm

I won't be playing Age of Conan. Now if it was playing WITH Conan, that would be different. Mmmm... Arnold Schwarzenegger.

I love you
Back to top Go down
Ghidorrah

Number of posts : 48
Registration date : 2007-11-16

Age of Conan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Age of Conan   Age of Conan Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2008 8:43 am

I'm leaning towards no. My gaming time has been reduced, and the open Beta is said to be a laggy mess.

I'll give it a month or so after release and then consider it. I have NO interest at all in the PvP aspects, so I want to hear how the rest of the game is first.

Funcom doesn't have the best track record...
Back to top Go down
Raymond

Number of posts : 100
Registration date : 2007-11-06

Age of Conan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Age of Conan   Age of Conan Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2008 2:04 pm

I'm leaning toward no as well. Looks like some good ideas behind the game. Interactive combat, but it's still just clicky the buttons.

I'm not into PvP much at all. I have Frontlines and Crysis for that fix. Anything that deals in PvP holds my interest for about 30 minutes at a time... This doesn't bode well in combination with a time sync MMO.

I'll give it 3 months after release. If it's still has raves and "oh wow" stuff, I might pick it up and try it.

I think with WoW's success your going to see a lot of "picky" mmo'ers. I think the launch will be huge, but like Vanguard, it's what it does 3 to 4 months after release.
Back to top Go down
defjam

Number of posts : 17
Registration date : 2008-03-06

Age of Conan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Age of Conan   Age of Conan Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2008 3:26 pm

Buttere wrote:
I won't be playing Age of Conan. Now if it was playing WITH Conan, that would be different. Mmmm... Arnold Schwarzenegger.

I love you

i'll protect ya with my LIFE Buttere

cheers <----me on steroids...use your imagination lol!
Back to top Go down
Buttere

Buttere

Number of posts : 30
Registration date : 2007-11-10

Age of Conan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Age of Conan   Age of Conan Icon_minitimeWed May 07, 2008 7:45 pm

Quote :
i'll protect ya with my LIFE Buttere

*grins* but who would protect you from me?
Back to top Go down
Nizenka

Nizenka

Number of posts : 58
Registration date : 2007-12-26

Age of Conan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Age of Conan   Age of Conan Icon_minitimeThu May 08, 2008 6:08 am

I'm not leaning towards the game at all. I haven't looked at it though.

I don't seem to have enough time lately to play EQ2 much less go see about another game nor play another already launched game.

Maybe when I know I have some time I might look at it... but that's a big might. I can't stay interested in another game long enough before I'm back at EQ2
Back to top Go down
Demm

Demm

Number of posts : 39
Registration date : 2007-12-12

Age of Conan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Age of Conan   Age of Conan Icon_minitimeWed Jul 02, 2008 11:29 pm

I have been playing it for the last couple months... Awesome game. I play on the Euro server Crom if any of you Euros are heading that way look up Amalice =)
Back to top Go down
Justalon

Number of posts : 18
Registration date : 2007-12-10

Age of Conan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Age of Conan   Age of Conan Icon_minitimeThu Jul 03, 2008 11:11 am

I tried the game for the free month, loved the graphics, hate some of the game play and bugs. The biggest thing I didn't like about it was that it was not open. There were barriers all over keeping you from going places. WOW, EQ2, EQ1, etc., let you pretty much roam free. If you could see it, you could get there. I ended up falling through the world a bunch, but at least i had the opportunity to do so! This game just pops up a fake background, or simply has an invisible barrier (kind of like COH/COV does, but at least thiers was blue)

When the game stops being BETA, it might be worth playing, but having a faulty bank and broker system at launch (they shut both down necause they were being exploited so bad), really turned me off. Also, game play post 30 was a grind (there are 50 more levels after that!). Grouping was a zerg fest and had almost no point (to the games defense, most people were just learning the system, including me, and it was mass choas). When my character kept dissapearing after changing from his normal form to his primary ability form, I just gave up and quit. I have played alot of MMOs out there from alpha/beta to release and this one was graphically the best looking, but also had the worst bugs out of all the ones i tried. Vanguard (i played that starting with Beta 1) had a lot more bugs at release, but it didn't have as many major bugs on fundamental abilities like COA does. Of course it did have a big enough bug that they had to re-write the whole base of the system, but I ever noticed that because I didn't crunch numbers ...

I think AOC is my favorite looking game, and the fast combat style is fun, but like I said, it's still a BETA. That's the same reason I don't play Vanguard. After a year it's still a BETA.

Granted, all games have bugs on release. I played EQ2 for 4 months from beta to release and I quit because the game was so buggy and laggy and of course because they basically re-wrote the crafting system as well, so now it's pretty much a cake walk compared to what it was - that was annoying. Here I am though, playing it again and enjoying it a lot (i even like the crafting system now... go figure).

Just my opinion Smile

- Kryack (aka Justy)
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

Age of Conan Empty
PostSubject: Re: Age of Conan   Age of Conan Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Age of Conan
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Celtic Knights :: General :: Tavern-
Jump to: